Canadian Investor Immigration Lawyer
The federal Immigrant Investor Program stopped accepting applications on July 1, 2012. However, the Provincial Nominee Programs are still accepting applications. British Columbia’s Regional Business Category under its PNP is typical of the requirements. An experienced Canadian investor immigration lawyer can provide further information.
British Columbia Regional Business Category Requirements
To apply for nomination in the Regional Business Category, an investor must satisfy the following requirements:
- Make a personal investment of at least $200,000 to establish or to purchase and expand an eligible business
- Create at least one new job in the business for a Canadian or permanent resident
- Own at least one-third of the equity of the business
- Provide active and ongoing participation in the day-to-day management and direction of the business
- Demonstrate the skills and experience necessary to establish and operate a commercially viable business in British Columbia, a personal net worth of at least $400,000 and
- Prospective investors must attend a business immigration seminar and if approved at first stage must sign a business performance agreement with the province of British Columbia.
Contact The British Columbia Investor Immigrant Program Lawyers Of Ocana Law Group
Entering as an investor is one of the most attractive options for immigration to Canada, but it is fraught with complications and uncertainties. The British Columbia investor immigrant program lawyers of Ocana Law Group can help you navigate the complexities of the system and achieve a successful landing. To arrange for an initial consultation, at our Kelowna office or by telephone, contact us online or call us at 250-870-9088.