British Columbia Temporary Resident Lawyer
If you are visiting Canada for a short stay, we can help you secure an initial Visitor Visa or extend temporary stay if you are already in Canada. We assess your goals, whether they be a brief extension of your time in Canada or a long-term stay, and determine how best to achieve them. We work with you on a level appropriate to your budget and your comfort.
How Our Canadian Visitor Visa Lawyer Can Help
- Temporary Resident visa: We can assist you in obtaining a visitor visa with your initial application to visit or to apply to extend your stay.
- Electronic Travel Authorization (“eTA”): was introduced in 2016 and is required for those that are from a Visa Exempt country travelling to Canada. Those that are exempt from the eTAs are US Citizens, those travelling with a valid Canadian Passport, or are Canadian Permanent Residents.
- Work Permit: In most cases, you will need a work permit to work legally in Canada. We can assist you with the application process.
- Labour Market Impact Assessments: Assisting employers with the work permit process. In some cases it would be working to obtain a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (“LMIA”).
- International Mobility Agreements: if the employer offer falls under one of the various International Mobility Agreements then we can assist with that as well Assist Employer with work permits for their foreign workers
- Student Visa: Foreign students need a study permit if they wish to study in Canada for more than six (6) months. We can assist you with your initial application as well as with extension applications.
- Other visa issues: Some of the other matters we can help with include:
- Extensions: As noted, we can help you apply to extend a temporary stay as a visitor, worker or student.
- Temporary residence permit: If you find that you have been declared inadmissible to Canada and the problem cannot be cured at entry, we can help you secure a permit that will allow you to enter Canada for a specific period.
Contact Ocana Law
Whatever your temporary status in Canada — student, business person, or visitor — your visit will be enhanced by the knowledge that your documents are in order. No other firm can match the experience, level of service and depth of commitment provided by the British Columbia temporary resident law office of Ocana Law — dedicated to immigration law office since 2009. To arrange for an initial consultation, at our Kelowna office or by telephone, contact us online or call us at 250-870-9088.